Communications Intern Job Description
The Florida School of Holistic Living (FSHL) seeks a dynamic, self-starter to assist marketing and communications efforts. This internship is an excellent opportunity to experience various aspects of marketing while working in a casual work environment. FSHL Communications Internship is a professional skills internship to assist the Marketing Director in implementing organizational communications and marketing strategies. The Communications Intern will work independently and with a team to fulfill organizational goals and initiatives related to programming and events.
- Firm grasp of social media tools and platforms including Facebook, Instagram etc.
- Completed or working toward a college degree, preferably in a related field
(e.g., English, Marketing/Communications, Advertising or Public Relations)
- Previous internship or related experience in marketing or communications a plus
- Understanding of the basic principles of public relations and/or marketing
- Must be computer literate (working knowledge of word processing, Excel or other spreadsheet applications).
- Proficiency in Google Ads, Adobe, CANVA, Basecamp, and Photoshop is highly desired.
- Knowledge website content management and graphic design a plus
- Possess excellent written and oral communication and interpersonal skills
- Genuine enthusiasm for creating compelling marketing materials to support Holistic Living programming
- Self-starter, good time management, creative, with ability to communicate in a professional manner
- Ability to work well independently, and within a team
- Commitment to the continuous improvement of service quality and the organization’s mission
- Interested in holistic living, building community, and sustainability
- Assist in planning, writing and managing social channel posts and e-newsletters.
- Update organization website using WordPress with current events, relevant news, update listings, audit SEO and more
- Design program fliers, graphics and other marketing material
- Update all bulletin boards on an ongoing basis
- Update and maintain FSHL social media presence, including daily monitoring, posting, scheduling and reporting social channel updates
- Provide input for creative marketing strategies and social media campaigns
- Create online advertisements as needed
- Collaborate with staff on new ideas, directions, and tools for marketing and communications
- Set goals at the start of the semester and populate weekly analytics to track how campaigns are going.