Moon Medicine – yearlong series with Emily Ruff and Wilnise Francois
$397.00 — available on subscription from $44.00 / month for 12 months
“The Moon is the earth’s oldest temple holding the potency of countless prayers since the dawn of time … a bell whose ringing brings you into the field of the Mother, where body and soul can quietly drink.” – Dana Gerhardt
- Receive a unique lesson and study booklet in your inbox each New Moon and Full Moon for a full calendar year – over 30 lessons in total
- Gather for group discussion by Zoom each Equinox and Solstice (starting June 20, 2021 / continuing September 21, 2021, December 21, 2021 and March 21 2022)
- Enjoy an online discussion group for sharing resources, lessons, and experiences
- Your yearlong course begins with the Summer Solstice on June 20
Use the options below to pay by one-time, seasonal, or monthly payment installments. *Please note: Payment plans require a Paypal account for recurring installments.*
* Understand the lunar cycle including the energetic influences of phases (apogee, perigee, waxing moon, waning moon, Full Moon, New Moon) through the study of the calendar year corresponding with each lunar sign
* Explore the intersection of astronomy and astrology through historically cited teachings, lunar-influenced cosmologies, and traditions throughout all the worlds religions
* Learn the influence of the moon on your garden from seed planting, harvesting, propagation, and weeding through a study of modern science and folk traditions
* Develop a deeper connection to your own lunar profile and learn throughout the year, and explore ideal times to set intentions, manifest dreams, and release ideas, beliefs, and behaviors you have outgrown
* Align your personal and professional activities with the most positive lunar influences by planning strategically and living consciously with the daily moon
* Create health rituals based on lunar activity that optimize fertility, energy, and healing potential by aligning with plant allies and holistic modalities in conjunction with the sky
* Gain insight into the influences of lunar movements on personal relationships and learn how to align
* Our study will explore Lunar Influences on Gardening – Harvesting – Medicine Making – Emotional Healing – Physical Wellness – Intention Setting – Dream Manifesting and more!
- Tuition can be paid annually, seasonally, or monthly for the year-long program
- Annual Tuition Plan is $397 ($347 early bird by June 10)
- Seasonal Tuition Plan is $111 every 3 months – four seasonal installments ($99 early bird by June 10)
- Monthly Tuition Plan is a $44 monthly – twelve monthly installments ($39 early bird by June 10)
- Add on a personalized birth chart indicating your Moon Sign and Planetary Astrology for $60
Please review this link for our school’s tuition and cancellation policies.
Emily Ruff, Executive Director, is a community herbalist who has practiced the art and science of plant healing for over a decade. Her studies have taken her around three continents where she has studied under healers of many traditions. Her background in gardening and botany came in childhood while wandering the wilderness and digging in the sandy soils of Florida with her grandfather, a tobacco farmer turned urban gardener, and her father, a botany and astronomy professor. Her journey into herbalism continued through apprenticeships in Guatemala under the tutelage of local healers on the southern coast of Lake Atitlan, in the mountains of Vermont at the feet of Rosemary Gladstar, and in the Central Florida apothecary Leaves & Roots with herbalists Carolyn Whitford and George D’Arcy. Emily’s academic studies include Ethnobotany, Philosophy, and Women’s Studies at the University of Central Florida and Curanderismo with the University of New Mexico. She is a Bach Flower Registered Practitioner.
Emily’s dedication to preserving bioregional medicinal plant traditions and ecosystems led her to become active in the organization United Plant Savers. Inspired by a need for greater connection among her regional community, she founded the Florida Herbal Conference event in 2012, an event that continues to sell out annually. Most recently, in response to the tragic shooting at Pulse Nightclub, Emily founded the Orlando Grief Care Project. From the community relationships cultivated through the national response to this tragedy, Emily formed the Herbal Action Network to continue weaving the web of compassionate herbalism into community engagement. Sharing her time between Florida and Vermont, she currently serves as director of the Sage Mountain Botanical Sanctuary.
Emily’s classes have been described as “heart-filled,” “enriching,” and “empowering,” creating a bridge between the teachings of our ancestors and the technologies of our modern world. Emily can be found in joy cooking, practicing yoga, writing, photographing flora, creating music with family and friends, and digging her fingers in the dirt. The plants continue to be her greatest teachers.
Guest Instructor: Wilnise Francois
Wilnise Francois is a Haitian-American Licensed Nurse and Herbalist that has worked in the allopathic modality of healing for over a decade. Working alongside physicians and caretakers alike facilitating wellness to those across the life span. Her role as an herbalist expanded with the personal need and integration of herbal medicines from her coveted traditional Haitian practices and studies in Western herbalism. As a community herbalist, she is working to revolutionize the cultural affinity of our plant friends through our relationships with the earth and stars. Her aim is to integrate the very love our herbs show us and implement that essence into our daily lives; creating a lifestyle of health and wellness.