Roots of Herbalism Home Study Course (Sale)
The Roots of Herbalism home study course explores the philosophies of ecological Herbalism, the practices of herbal nutrition, and the foundations of holistic health. Students learn to make their own herbal preparations, including tisanes and tinctures, to apply the knowledge they learn about the plants through a DVD/streaming video, book, and herb materials. Students explore over twenty herbs and their uses and receive a full packet of materials including sample herbs to have everything needed to learn about herbs hands-on from home.
Our Home Study Course Package includes
– Instructional DVD/Online Video Streaming
– Course Book
– Rosemary Gladstar’s Herbal Recipes for Vibrant Health
– Twenty herbs to practice in your own kitchen
– Five-part Basics of Herbal Medicine Making series
– Three-month subscription to Roots Roundtable
– Plus 12 Continuing Education Units available to Massage Therapists, Nurses, Dietitians, Midwives, and Acupuncture physicians (for an additional fee)
Scroll down to see more details on the course and payment plan options.
Roots Home Study On Sale through February 5th
Sign up for Roots of Herbalism Home Study with our payment plan – two payments of $111 – Click This Link
Through this course, you will:
~ Discover your relationship to plants and the environment, and its impact on your personal health
~ Explore the theory, philosophy, and history of ecological herbalism and ethnobotany
~ Understand the role of the nervous system and emotional, mental, and spiritual health in our physical well-being
~ Learn techniques to integrate herbal wellness into a daily lifestyle practice
~ Discuss important foundational nutritional principles to nourish your body’s own healing capacity
~ Learn the botanical classification, parts used, and prominent medicinal uses of over 20 herbs from Native American and Western Materia Medica, to begin building your knowledge of herbs
~ Explore how to make your own herbal preparations to apply your herbal knowledge through practical application, including tisanes, tinctures, infused oils, and topical applications
~ Learn how to integrate these ancient teachings into our modern-day world
It is a practical course well-suited for laypeople and health professionals alike. Both those with no herbal experience, and those with years of self-study and practice, will gain insight from this program.
The course seeks to marry ancient traditions with the scientific context of our modern world. Our goal is to reclaim our herbal heritage and empower students to apply these teachings for optimum well-being in balance with today’s society. We focus our study on plants that are common in the Native North American and Western European traditions, which grow commonly in the wild or can be easily cultivated.
This correspondence course includes a two-part full-length DVD and/or online video streaming, course booklet, herbal samples, course textbook, Rosemary Gladstar’s Herbal Recipes for Vibrant Health, and assignment feedback. Tuition is regularly $247 and is on sale to the end of October, and a two-part payment plan is available (digital materials including Basics of Herbal Medicine Making and access to Roots Roundtable are sent with your initial payment, and your physical course materials are mailed upon receipt of your second payment one month later). Course materials are shipped within seven days of purchase via USPS to any address in the continental United States; you will receive a separate invoice for shipping costs if this package is mailed to any territory or country outside this region. Students registering outside of the United States are mailed herbal plant samples dependent upon customs regulations for your country.
This course offers 12 Continuing Education Units for Acupuncturists, Massage Therapists, Dietitians, Nutritionists, Nurses and Midwives for licensed practitioners through the State of Florida for an additional $15 processing fee.*
*Please note, an assessment is located at the end of our course booklet. To receive Continuing Education Credits, this assessment must be completed and turned in via email or mail.
Students have access to digital materials for one calendar year upon enrolling in the course; physical materials are yours for a lifetime.
The Roots of Herbalism Home Study Course includes:
- Full-length Roots Home Study instructional video
- Samples of over 20 herbs covered in class, to gain sensory knowledge and work with these plants in your own kitchen
- Roots Home Study coursebook featuring foundational teachings, herbal exercises and medicine making instructions
- Rosemary Gladstar’s classic text, Herbal Recipes for Vibrant Health
- Basics of Herbal Medicine Making, our five-part video course
- Materia Medica video classes for all herbs covered in the course
- A 3-month subscription to Roots Roundtable, our signature student community and resource hub featuring monthly live online gatherings and Q&A plus customized video and ebook resources plus student discounts each month
- Plus 12 Continuing Education Units available to Massage Therapists, Nurses, Dietitians, Midwives, and Acupuncture physicians (for an additional fee)
All these resources for just $197 – regularly $247, or two payments of $111
PLUS: Enjoy our Basics of Herbal Medicine Making 5-part video series
- Tea Blending and Formulation
- Vinegars and Oxymels
- Steams and Chest Packs
Making herbal medicines in our home kitchen is empowering, economical, and just plain fun. Learn hands-on how to create many of the most widely used herbal medicines. Recipes and handouts will be provided to compliment the webinars. The Basics of Herbal Medicine Making Series is a new online video series and is a perfect companion to the Roots of Herbalism Home Study course, giving you the opportunity to roll up your sleeves and make herbal medicines under the expert guidance of Emily, Shannon, and Maggie.
This series is offered on its own for $50 tuition and included for free as part of our introductory Roots of Herbalism Home Study package