This expanded course package combines a wealth of tools and resources for establishing a solid foundation as an herbalist.
The Roots of Herbalism Home Study Course includes:
- Full-length Roots of Herbalism Home Study Course instructional video
- Samples of over 20 herbs covered in class, to gain sensory knowledge and work with these plants in your own kitchen
- Roots Home Study coursebook featuring foundational teachings, herbal exercises and medicine making instructions
- Rosemary Gladstar’s classic text, Herbal Recipes for Vibrant Health
- Basics of Herbal Medicine Making, our five-part video course
- Materia Medica video classes for all herbs covered in the course
- A 3-month subscription to Roots Roundtable, our signature student community and resource hub featuring monthly live online gatherings and Q&A plus customized video and ebook resources plus student discounts each month
- Plus 12 Continuing Education Units available to Massage Therapists, Nurses, Dietitians, Midwives, and Acupuncture physicians (for an additional fee)
All these resources for just $247,
or two payments of $140
Scroll down to learn about each of the four components in this robust Roots of Herbalism package.
Roots of Herbalism
Home Study Curriculum Includes:
- Full-Length Instructional Video
- 20+ Herbs to Sample at home
- Our signature Roots of Herbalism Home Study Coursebook
- Rosemary Gladstar’s classic text,
Herbal Recipes for Vibrant Health
PLUS: Enjoy our Basics of Herbal Medicine Making 5-part video series
- Tea Blending and Formulation
- Vinegars and Oxymels
- Steams and Chest Packs
Making herbal medicines in our home kitchen is empowering, economical, and just plain fun. Learn hands-on how to create many of the most widely used herbal medicines. Recipes and handouts will be provided to compliment the webinars. The Basics of Herbal Medicine Making Series is an online video series that is a perfect companion to the Roots of Herbalism Home Study course, giving you the opportunity to roll up your sleeves and make herbal medicines under the expert guidance of Emily, Shannon and Maggie.
This series is offered on its own for $50 tuition, and included for free as part of our introductory Roots of Herbalism Home Study package
Meet our Plant Friends during
Materia Medica Classes
(Also known as Plant Profiles)
What is it to develop a relationship with a plant?
Beyond the introduction of scientific names and common names, plants like people deserve some one-on-one time to really get to know them. You’ll learn attributes like appearance, taste, smell, touch, where it’s from, where it lives, what’s its character is like, energetics, medicinal benefits, and its history with humans.
These plant profiles are articulated both through a written, blog format as well as a short video class. They include the herbs that you will receive in your physically mailed package to support your hands-on learning.
Receive our entire catalog of Materia Medica classes and articles with your Roots of Herbalism Home Study Course Enrollment
Join us for our monthly live, online sessions of fun and friendship with fellow
herbalists, plus teaching from our Community Herbalist students.
The Roots Roundtable Subscription includes:
• Monthly virtual class
• Discounts from herbal companies
• Curated collection of videos, PDFs and e-books
• And More!!
Roots of Herbalism Home Study
Roots Home Study | $260 value
Basics of Herbal Medicine Making | $50 value
Materia Medica | $60 value
Roots Roundtable Season | $75 value
All components a
All this for only $247
Pay $247 in full or make 2 payments of $140
$15 additional fee for CEU credits
(Upon receipt of 1st payment, receive access to online Home Study course; full package mailed after 2nd payment received)